The University of Texas Medical Branch Research Scientist II- Department of Surgery-Burn in Galveston, Texas
Ph. D, M.D, D.O., or D.V.M in related field and one year of related experience. Job Description: Conducts innovative scientific investigation by developing theories and devising scientific methods and procedures to apply scientific principles, theories and research in projects related to the mission of UTMB. Committed to the discovery of new innovative biomedical and health services knowledge leading to increasingly effective and accessible health care. Assures competence as a fully trained scientist in a specific discipline or area of expertise.
Salary Range **
Specific Job Related Duties **
- Establish research objectives and methodology and designs procedures requiring a highly developed technical skill.
- Conducts research projects and performs analysis and interpretation of data.
- Defines problems and possible solutions as dictated by the research project.
- Complies, writes, and effectively communicates project results to the principal investigator.
- Supervises and provides technical direction to the work of research staff and oversees execution of assigned tasks.
- May submit training grants as Principle Investigator (PI), provided they have a faculty mentor.
- May publish and present research as author and co-author.
- May lead or train Classified Research Staff and Post Doctoral Fellows.
- Designs, develops, and maintains equipment used in experiments or research to obtain desired results.
- May submit equipment, renovation, or other facility/core enhancement grants as the PI.
- Reviews scientific literature
- Identifies appropiate internal controls for department .
- Must have experience with laboratory analytical methodologies.
- Develop new assays to support clinical trials.
Closing Statement **
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Partial (20 to 39.99 hours)
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Research Scientist II- Department of Surgery-Burn
Job ID: 59620
Business Unit: SOMED