The University of Texas Medical Branch Associate Professor - Division of Rehabilitation Sciences, School of Hlth Professions in Galveston, Texas
- Doctoral degree in a field related to rehabilitation. The ideal candidate will have postdoctoral research experience and professional licensure or clinical experience in a rehabilitation-related discipline.
- Established program of research related to rehabilitation, disability and recovery.
- Experience mentoring students, postdoctoral fellows and/or junior faculty.
- Sustained record of external funding and established history of collaborative research with other professionals, clinicians and students.
- National visibility and recognition in rehabilitation and disability research including editorial board service, federal grant review panels, or fellow status in professional or scientific organizations.
Salary Range **
Commensurate with experience
Specific Job Related Duties **
- Conduct interdisciplinary research and scholarship designed to advance rehabilitation science, including publishing in high quality journals and writing competitive research grants to contribute to the infrastructure of rehabilitation, disability and recovery research.
- Direct the PhD program in rehabilitation sciences and contribute to the leadership of the Division of Rehabilitation Sciences.
- Mentor junior faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and doctoral students conducting rehabilitation, disability and recovery research.
- Establish collaborative research relationships with investigators in other academic departments, as well as local facilities involved in providing rehabilitation services and conducting clinical research.
Closing Statement **
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Associate Professor - Division of Rehabilitation Sciences, School of Hlth Professions
Job ID: 58537
Business Unit: SHPRF