The University of Texas Medical Branch Assistant/Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology in Galveston, Texas
MD degree or equivalent, Board certified or eligible in ABIM Cardiovascular Diseases. Must have completed an ACGME-accredited internal medicine residency. Possess or eligible for full medical license in the State of Texas
Commensurate with experience
Specific Job Related Duties
- Work together with Director, other faculty, staff, and other hospital care providers (HCPs) to build an outstanding academic cardiology division.
- Maintain and enhance positive, collaborative, and vibrant culture of the division
- Actively participate in quality improvement projects of the division as assigned by Director.
- Sees patients in clinic (7 sessions per week on average during outpatient rotation) as assigned by Director
- Read ECHOs and other cardiac imaging studies (2 sessions per week on average during outpatient rotation) as assigned by Director.
- Participate in inpatient services (about 2-6 blocks per year) as assigned by Division Director.
- Work with Director to develop a robust referral network and secure referrals from family medicine physicians, internists, and cardiologists in the greater Houston area and beyond
- Participate in patient calls as assigned by Director
- Attend and actively participate in education activities of UTMB campuses. Educate Cardiology Fellows, Residents and Interns.
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Assistant/Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology
Job ID: 61720
Business Unit: SOMED